The past two months, I’ve been traveling throughout the South, attending concerts, visiting museums, dining with friends, and musing at architecture.
- Patti Smith’s memoir Just Kids is a remarkable love story unlike any I’ve ever read.
- The National, Tallest Man on Earth, Lord Huron and Paul McCartney blew me away at Bonnaroo. Don’t miss The National’s latest album, Trouble Will Find Me.
- Nashville is brewing some of the South’s finest beers. Stop in to Fat Bottom and Jackalope on your next trip.
- The blog 40 Days of Dating illustrates how, for every situation, there are always multiple interpretations.
- The new wings of the St. Louis Museum of Art and Chattanooga’s Hunter Museum are controversial and edgy, just what I like to see in art museum architecture. Other beautiful modern buildings: Little Rock’s Clinton Library and Memphis’ Beale St. Landing