Now that I’m back in Portland, I’ve had some time to revisit some of my favorite spots and find some new ones, enjoying great music and literature along the way.
- Base Camp Brewing Company offers two exceptional Reds, a beer I struggle to find outside the Northwest
- Robert Penn Warren’s All the King’s Men is not known as a love story, but embedded within the political narrative is a love story that presents traditional Southern social norms in a new light.
- Luc Lac, my favorite lunch spot in Downtown Portland, is still serving up quick and delicious Vietnamese.
- Frank Ocean’s rehash of Coldplay’s “Strawberry Swing”
- Coava Coffee Roasters may be the place that will get me addicted to coffee. With friendly staff, large windows, and calming atmosphere, it is the perfect spot to journal and draw.